2021 PhotoEx Juried Photography Exhibition
15th Annual Media Arts Council (M.A.C.) Juried Photography Exhibition
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Window for all entries and fee payments will close at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Saturday August 21, 2021.
THEME: “Balance” – What does the concept of “Balance” mean to you? Use your own unique and creative interpretations of this theme in your photographic submissions to the PhotoEx 2021 Juried Exhibition.
The Media Arts Council Juried Photography Exhibition (PhotoEx) is an annual juried photography exhibit that seeks to draw unique images from amateur and professional photographers. For this 2021 edition, photographs may depict any subject matter in any location, provided they reflect the theme, “Balance.”
EXCEPTIONS: Images accepted into previous PhotoEx or Media ICONS exhibits are not permitted. Media Arts Council board members, employees, and their family members may enter the competition and be accepted for exhibit, but will not be eligible to be judged for awards and prizes.
EXHIBIT LOCATION: Media Arts Council’s Gallery will be closed, as per COVID-19 precautions. All accepted works will be included in the exclusively ONLINE 2021 Media Arts Council Juried Photography Exhibit.
REQUIRED ENTRY FORMAT: Submit images in JPEG files at highest quality, 300 ppi, 1800 pixels in longest dimension.
SUBMISSION FEE: $35 total for up to three images; $5 for each additional image up to maximum of five images for $45.
PAYMENT METHOD: Via PayPal upon completion of Entry Form.
Submission fees are non-refundable.
IDENTIFY EACH IMAGE FILE: As indicated on the Entry Form. Do NOT imbed any information on the image file itself, such as name, copyright, logo, etc., to assure blind judging.
LABEL EACH IMAGE FILE: Last Name_First Name_Image# corresponding to entry # on Entry Form (i.e. Doe_John_03.jpg).
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Window for all entries and fee payments will close at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Saturday August 21, 2021. No physical artwork will be accepted.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: Entrants will be notified via email of their acceptance into the exhibit on or about September 1st 2021.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting the PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBIT ENTRY FORM, you agree that:
- You accept all the terms and conditions of these Rules and the Call for Entry.
- The images submitted are your own work and that there is no copyright infringement. M.A.C. will not be held liable for any infringement of rights that might arise in connection with the jurying, displaying, or sale of any image.
- Usage Rights: All artists maintain copyright on their images. You grant M.A.C. the right to use any submitted image for the purpose of marketing, calls for entry, the M.A.C. website, online exhibits, printed catalogs, or other M.A.C. programs without further contact or compensation. No works will be used in a for-profit endeavor without the written consent of the artist.
- Media Arts Council will not be responsible for damage to or loss of any artwork.
- SALES and COMMISSION: Media Arts Council will handle all sales of the artwork. MAC will retain a 40% commission on all works sold during exhibit period, regardless of how sale originated – whether at gallery or the MAC website, artist’s website, private transaction, or any other means.
PREPARATION OF ACCEPTED WORKS FOR EXHIBIT: This is an Online Virtual event. No physical artwork required.
ALL ARTISTS WHOSE PHOTOS ARE ACCEPTED MUST COMPLETE AND SIGN THE EXHIBITOR’S AGREEMENT, AND SUBMIT IT PER INSTRUCTIONS IN THEIR ACCEPTANCE EMAIL.
PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBIT: Unless otherwise notified, the online virtual opening will be on Saturday October 9, 2021 from 4 to 7pm, and the Exhibit will run through Saturday November 13, 2021.
ANNOUNCEMENT & PRESENTATION OF AWARDS: Awards will be announced during the online Opening event.
USAGE RIGHTS OF SUBMISSIONS: All entrants grant the Media Arts Council the right to reproduce submitted work in the promotional endeavors of the Media Arts Council when specifically promoting the arts and culture of Media, PA. No works will be used in a for-profit endeavor without the written consent of the artist. For information concerning situations when signed model and/or property release forms may be necessary, and for samples of wording, please see this link.